- TACC will be at the NARSOL conference speaking and hosting a table. Come join us!! The National Association for Rational Sexual Offense Laws (NARSOL) will convene October 8-10 in Houston, Texas for a program of presentations and workshops from attorneys, researchers, activists, and other notable people in the field of criminal justice reform. https://narsol.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/21-09-Houston-Conf.pdf GO TO NARSOL’S WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONFERENCE: https://conference.narsol.org/
- You can now buy TACC Gear to support our cause: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TACCStore?ref=seller-platform-mcnav We will be adding items over the coming weeks!!
- For those asking for EVALUATOR INFORMATION since TCCO will no longer dispute a good biennial, click on resources and look for the Evaluator Information post.
- TCCO AND MTC refuse to comment on article posted today. Check it out here: https://reason.com/2021/08/12/texas-civil-commitment-sex-offenders-littlefield/
JOIN OUR WEBSITE FOR ALL NEW POSTS AND UPDATES
SIGN OUR PETITION TO FREE THE MEN IN LITTLEFIELD AT CHANGE.ORG http://chng.it/h6SNDLB7Sh
- Management & Training Corp. Struggles to Maintain Market SharePRISON LEGAL NEWS: by Gary Hunter; September 15, 2007 ______________________________________________________________________ For-profit private prison operator Management & Training Corporation (MTC) has recently lost lucrative contracts to run prisons in the United States and Canada. While the private prison industry is dominated by industry giants Corrections Corporation of America, Geo Corporation and CornellContinue reading “Management & Training Corp. Struggles to Maintain Market Share”
- Restorative Justice’s Role in Criminal Justice ReformACADEMIA Letters: Kenneth Lang, Glenville State College; August 2021 __________________________________________________________________ IntroductionWith the murder of George Floyd in May 2020, and now the conviction of Minneapolis Police Officer Derrick Chauvin, decries to defund the police and institute genuine criminal justice reform continue to echo across this nation. Officials have struggled to grappleContinue reading “Restorative Justice’s Role in Criminal Justice Reform”
- Case challenging constitutionality of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program can move forwardFederal court to decide if state’s treatment system is constitutional. Star Tribune: By Chris Serres; FEBRUARY 24, 2021 — 6:10PM ________________________________________________________________________ A protracted case challenging the constitutionality of Minnesota’s system for treating sex offenders outside prison has gained new life after a federal appeals court in St. Louis ruled that claims contestingContinue reading “Case challenging constitutionality of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program can move forward”
- Making Sex Offenders Pay — and Pay and Pay and Pay (Ep. 208)FREAKONOMICS RADIO: by Stephen J. Dubner Produced by: Suzie Lechtenberg; June 10, 2015 @ 11:00pm _______________________________________________________________________ Our latest Freakonomics Radio episode is called “Making Sex Offenders Pay — and Pay and Pay and Pay.” (You can subscribe to the podcast at iTunes or elsewhere, get the RSS feed, or listen via the media player above. You can also read theContinue reading “Making Sex Offenders Pay — and Pay and Pay and Pay (Ep. 208)”
- What will it take for media to show integrity in reporting about sexual crime?NARSOL: by Sandy; August 27, 2021 ________________________________________________________________________ We are used to law enforcement, district attorneys, legislators, and even judges making statements that amount to lies. In an opinion he wrote, a Colorado justice said, “Study after study has shown that sex offenders have one of the highest likelihoods of reoffending once theyContinue reading “What will it take for media to show integrity in reporting about sexual crime?”
- Opinion: How the language of criminal justice inflicts lasting harmWashington Post: DeAnna Hoskins and Zoë Towns; August 25, 2021 at 5:39 p.m. EDT __________________________________________________________________________ DeAnna Hoskins is president of JustLeadershipUSA. Zoë Towns is vice president for Criminal Justice Reform at FWD.us. These days there is more reporting on the harms of mass incarceration and mass criminalization than ever before. More journalists are on these beats. Stories about conditions in policeContinue reading “Opinion: How the language of criminal justice inflicts lasting harm”
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO DONATE AND SUPPORT OUR WORK: https://gofund.me/223b9e5f