- You can now buy TACC Gear to support our cause: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TACCStore?ref=seller-platform-mcnav We will be adding items over the coming weeks!!
- For those asking for EVALUATOR INFORMATION since TCCO will no longer dispute a good biennial, click on the RESOURCES tab and look for the Evaluator Information post.
- TCCO AND MTC refuse to comment on article posted today. Check it out here: https://reason.com/2021/08/12/texas-civil-commitment-sex-offenders-littlefield/
JOIN OUR WEBSITE FOR ALL NEW POSTS AND UPDATES
SIGN OUR PETITION TO FREE THE MEN IN LITTLEFIELD AT CHANGE.ORG http://chng.it/h6SNDLB7Sh
- BUSTIN’ AT THE SEAMSBy A TCCC Resident We’re overcrowded and it’s no joke. Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) are housing inmates in a dry good closet with no access to water. The closet was a kitchen storage for bread and canned goods. The inmates housed in this commandeeredContinue reading “BUSTIN’ AT THE SEAMS“
- The Dobbs Wire: Do we need the sex offense registry?Counting registrants, family members and significant others, the number of people directly impacted by sex offense registration laws in the U.S. is estimated at several million. Every state has had a registry for at least 25 years and politicians continually push for harsher registration requirements. These are all good reasons toContinue reading “The Dobbs Wire: Do we need the sex offense registry?”
- The Only Way to Get Out Is to Die: Mental Health, Public Safety, and Legal Implications of Sex Offender Civil Commitment in TexasJournal of Public and International Affairs: by Erika Parks; 2018 ____________________________________________________________________ IntroductionIn the United States, there are few crimes more abhorred than sexuallyviolent offenses, and by extension, few people more reviled than those whocommit them. In popular media, people accused of sexually violent crimesare variously called “monsters,” “scum,” or “the worstContinue reading “The Only Way to Get Out Is to Die: Mental Health, Public Safety, and Legal Implications of Sex Offender Civil Commitment in Texas”
- DISTANCING By A TCCC Resident The Texas Civil Commitment office is moving further away from its clientele. When this new and improved version of civil commitment began in late 2015, TCCO case mangers “visited” each offender twice a month, called a collateral contact every month and every offender had a one-on-one withContinue reading “DISTANCING “
- JUSTICE IS COMINGWritten by a Current TCCC Resident _______________________________________________________________________ The typical sex offender civil commitment story goes something like this: I committed my crime prior to 1999, when the legislation created sex offender civil commitment. I was not informed that my criminal plea bargain would be used against me or qualify me forContinue reading “JUSTICE IS COMING“
- Protecting Society from Sexually Dangerous Offenders: Law, Justice, and Therapy (Law and Public Policy)by Seth C Kalichman (Author), John Q La Fond (Author), Bruce J Winick (Editor), & 4 more Legal and mental health experts explore the ramifications of the controversial sexual predator commitment laws, registration and community notification laws, and chemical castration laws that have come into existence since 1990. The increasing number of sex crimes, especially those committed by released sexContinue reading “Protecting Society from Sexually Dangerous Offenders: Law, Justice, and Therapy (Law and Public Policy)”
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO DONATE AND SUPPORT OUR WORK: https://gofund.me/223b9e5f