- CoVid-19 is BACK in the facility. Cases are being isolated at this time.
- TACC Gear coming soon! Don’t miss out on a chance to get some shirts, hats, bags, etc.
JOIN OUR WEBSITE FOR ALL NEW POSTS AND UPDATES
SIGN OUR PETITION TO FREE THE MEN IN LITTLEFIELD AT CHANGE.ORG http://chng.it/h6SNDLB7Sh
- WATCH THE RALLY: “Support Moose Lake protesters and civil commitment protests.”And you can view the video of the July 18 rally by clicking on the video below:
- Social policies designed to prevent sexual violence: The Emperor’s New Clothes?Criminal Justice Policy Review: Jill S. Levenson, Ph.D., David A. D’Amora, M.S., LPC, CFC; 2007 __________________________________________________ Abstract Sex crimes provoke fear and anger among citizens, leading to the development of social policies designed to prevent sexual violence. The most common policies passed in recent years have included sex offender registration, community notification (Megan’sContinue reading “Social policies designed to prevent sexual violence: The Emperor’s New Clothes?”
- Group fights the “prison hell-hole” that is the Texas Civil Commitment CenterNARSOL: Mary Sue Molnar; July 17, 2021 _________________________________________________ Chances are that almost no one reading this has ever heard of TACC, Texans Against Civil Commitment. This is a spin-off of Texas Voices, NARSOL’s Texas affiliate. Begun by two of their members early this year, they are now a small group whose dedicated members areContinue reading “Group fights the “prison hell-hole” that is the Texas Civil Commitment Center”
- A Detainee’s First-Hand Account During the PandemicWritten by a Current Inmate at TCCC; July 10, 2021 ___________________________________________________ Sitting on the edge of a small town, in the middle of a dirt field lies an old prison operating under the disguise of a treatment facility. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Texas Civil Commitment is something thatContinue reading “A Detainee’s First-Hand Account During the Pandemic”
- MINNESOTA’S SEX OFFENDER COMMITMENT PROGRAM: WOULD AN EMPIRICALLY-BASED PREVENTION POLICY BE MORE EFFECTIVE?William Mitchell Law Review: Eric Janus; March 27, 2003 11:39 PM ___________________________________________________ Minnesota’s sex offender commitment laws arise from a compelling purpose: the prevention of sexual violence. Yet, I will argue in this short essay that there is strong evidence that these laws are poor public policy. When confronted with the problem of sexual violence, the Minnesota LegislatureContinue reading “MINNESOTA’S SEX OFFENDER COMMITMENT PROGRAM: WOULD AN EMPIRICALLY-BASED PREVENTION POLICY BE MORE EFFECTIVE?”
- PRESS RELEASEWe are making some changes. In an effort to align and strengthen our message we will now and forever be know as TACC – TEXANS AGAINST CIVIL COMMITMENT. We will be moving to the name on this website, on Facebook, and on Twitter. We will share all of that information hereContinue reading “PRESS RELEASE”